Abbotsford Community Literacy Outreach Coordinator
- Type of Child Care
- Post-secondary degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience, particularly in the fields of community development and literacy education.
- Job Description
This is a part-time contract position of 17 hours per week, which reports to a community task group and Decoda Literacy Solutions. The purpose of the Abbotsford Literacy Outreach Coordinator is to build and enhance literacy services, programs and networks within the community of Abbotsford. A Community Literacy Plan is developed through working with various groups in the community, including indigenous communities, to define community literacy needs and to plan, assess, review and implement. The role of the community outreach coordinator is to coordinate and monitor literacy programming in the Abbotsford community; to apply for funding and manage assessment and instructional activities keeping the steering committee and community partners informed of progress; to promote programs and networking among the literacy community such as literacy service providers, libraries, school district, social service agencies, municipal/provincial government agencies, indigenous communities, service clubs, and the business community.
Position: 17 hours per week for 35 weeks September to end of June.
Salary: $35.00 per hour Start Date: Dec. 6 – 17, Christmas break, start again Jan. 3
Training and Experience
• Experience in community development
• Familiarity with adult literacy practices such as program delivery, or adult learner assessments 3. Skills and Abilities
• Enthusiasm and passion regarding the importance of literacy and literacy skill building
• Sensitive and respectful approach to team and partnership building, and valuing diversity
• Proven ability to propose, manage, and budget projects, create partnerships, lead a team
• Outstanding communication, research and presentation skills
• Computer competence • Strong time management and priority-setting skills, dynamic self-starter, ability to designate.\
• Must possess a valid BC Class 5 driver’s licence, have a reliable vehicle, business insurance and acceptable driver’s abstract. (mileage paid for work use) • Criminal Records Check required
• Flexible, in person meetings and work from home/remote work as per policies •
Must have your own computer
- Application Instructions
Send electronic resume and cover letter to:
Director of Instruction Curriculum Department
Abbotsford School District
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Abbotsford School District
- Perry Smith