CEFA Early Learning Abbotsford - Early Childhood Educator (IT/SN an asset)
- Type of Child Care
- Infant/Toddler, 3 to 5 years
- ECE Assistant,Basic ECE,Infant / Toddler,Special Needs,ECE Degree
- Job Description
We are looking for exceptional, engaged, excited and dedicated ECE Teachers who have a passion for working with young children. The teacher applicant shall be knowledgeable in early childhood learning theories, teaching strategies and have training in classroom management and guidance.
Successful candidates will bring to our classrooms the enthusiasm and the creativity that children need to develop, along with great disposition, great communication and organizational skills, a creative individual, very loving, resourceful, and independent who has a positive outlook and attitude in life.
The CEFA educational system at Core Educational & Fine Arts (CEFA) Junior Kindergarten is one of today’s leading approaches to educating young children. Its rich academic content is designed to stimulate the child in many different ways, to optimize the natural development of the child’s brain. This wonderful approach facilitates learning experiences for children in areas such as mathematics, reading, writing, drama, science, visual arts, music, yoga and many more. It is based on the belief that children must be given the opportunity to learn and exercise their intellect in various forms, such as the expression of their creativity, reasoning, and sequential thinking. In the CEFA environment, children have ample time to learn, play and express themselves in creative ways. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
• Develop and implement a high-quality program, in line with the CEFA curriculum, that supports and promotes the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of all children.
• Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcome, and values of CEFA.
• Plan and maintain a high-quality environment that respects the health, security, and well-being of children.
• Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members.
• Communicate in a thorough, clear, and timely manner both written and oral.
• Be genuine, supportive, engaged, and a productive team member who is open to and implements feedback and guidance.
• Support children in the development of their self-help skills and independence.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers, management, and families.
• Attend staff meetings, and any professional development opportunities as required.
• Work in partnership to maintain cleanliness and organization of classroom materials.
• To maintain regular attendance, punctuality and to be appropriately dressed and professional at all times.
• Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate Licence
• IT/SN Certificate an asset
• Childcare: 2 years (preferred)
• First Aid/CPR Certificate
• Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations
• Knowledge of the Montessori and Reggio Emilia methodology (preferred)
• Ability to prioritize and to exercise time management
Work conditions and physical capabilites:
• Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, attention to detail.
• Combination of sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching and kneeling.
• Manual dexterity
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: From $20 and negotiable based on experience and qualifications
Expected start date: July 2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: 8-hour shift
• CEFA Methodology Training
• Ongoing development through workshops led by external resources, coaching and mentoring
• Spring break, summer break, and winter break off as well as professional days
• Daily am snack, lunch, and afternoon snacks provided
• Medical and Dental benefits & Sick days
• Bonuses and Education Bursaries
• Salaries based on experience plus $2/hr. wage enhancement
• Pleasant, supportive, and positive work environment with lots of room to grow professionally. Career path can lead to management positions at any of the CEFA schools, and CEFA head office.
• Tuition Discounts for your child/children
- Application Instructions
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org