CEFA School Principal
- Type of Child Care
- Infant / Toddler, 3 to 5 Years
- 20 Hour Responsible Adult, ECE Assistant, Basic ECE, Infant / Toddler, Special Needs, ECE Degree
- Job Description
We are looking for a school principal with a passion for working with families, staff, and the surrounding community. We are seeking someone with excellent leadership and interpersonal skills who is self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented. We provide a competitive salary, medical/dental benefits, meals, tuition discounts for your child/ren and more.
CEFA Abbotsford Highstreet is a private Junior Kindergarten School located in the Highstreet Shopping Centre in Abbotsford, scheduled to open in late June 2021. We offer a full day early learning program designed for children between one and five years of age. Our program features an enriched curriculum consisting of core subjects, such as reading and writing with a combination of fines arts including drama and yoga, providing children with the freedom to learn and grow through creative exploration and play.
Our program has a reputation of highly developing a child’s intellect and delivering the finest start in education, arts and the humanities. Our full day early learning and junior kindergarten programs at our schools are far beyond the typical childcare programs found throughout Canada.
The Principal’s role is to inspire Teachers to become better Teachers and to facilitate the implementation of our educational method and philosophy.
For that, the Principal will always be respectful of ideas, be a true listener and be prepared with countless resources and ideas to bring to the table.
Other job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensure that our curriculum, policies, procedures, and classroom operational policies
• Monitor Teacher’s progress and provide feedback - (verbal & written) • Recruit teachers on behalf of the school and provide on-going teacher training and
• Ensure school is complying with BC Licensing Regulations • In-class observation of all classes, provide feedback - (verbal & written) • Conduct regular one-on-ones with Teachers, participate in Management meetings
and Principal meetings.
• Provide guidance and information to all parties both internally and externally. (e.g.
Parents and Teachers)
• Foster and maintain positive relationships with parents, children, staff, management,
other schools and head office.
• Oversee and coordinate the school’s daily operations and administration.
• Manage and actively participate in marketing activities & special events including
school tours, festivals, and community events.
• Manage school inquiries, registration, enrollment, and student layouts.
• Valid Early Education license for a minimum of 5 years • Experienced in a pre-school or childcare setting • Familiar with current BC Licensing Regulations • Management/administration experience for a minimum of 3 years • Must have knowledge of MS Office - (Word & Excel) • Excellent communication (written & verbal) and organizational skills • Ability to prioritize and exercise time management • Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills • CEFA/AMI certification is considered an asset
Salary and Benefits:
• Negotiable based on experience and qualifications
• Extended medical and dental benefits available
• Daily meals provided
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Instructions
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com