20 Hour Responsible Adult Course - IN PERSON
This is a multi-day workshop. Please ensure you are available for all the dates listed below:
Date Nov 10, 2023 | Time 9:00am - 4:00pm
Date Nov 17, 2023 | Time 9:00am - 4:00pm
Date Nov 24, 2023 | Time 9:00am - 4:00pm
This course was developed to meet the requirements for 20 hours of training for “Responsible Adult” as stipulated by Child Care Licensing Regulation. Through interactive sessions, it covers basic concepts about child development from birth to 12 years of age, child guidance, health, safety, nutrition and programming. Participants must be at least 19 years old to register, attend all sessions, and pass all open book quizzes with a satisfactory mark in order to receive a certificate of completion. The workbook is included in the course fee. This is a non-credit course (cannot be applied towards the completion of an ECE Certificate).
Instructors: Lori Brown, Wanda Cole & Cathy LaHaise, Child Care Consultants at Abbotsford CCRR
Cost: CCRR Member $75.00, Non-Member $75.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.