Boundary Practice - ONLINE
Date Nov 14, 2023 | Time 6:00pm - 8:00pm
In this workshop, participants will learn about vague, rigid and healthy boundries.
Boundaries are essential to practice in childcare, as they make caring sustainable, and protect us from compassion fatigue, vicarious traumatization and burnout. Boundary practice encourages us to consider our own energy and how we're spending it, and to understand the patterns of relating that attract us to the helping professions while also making setting boundaries more difficult.
Presenter: Jodie McDonald is a counsellor in a private practice on Vancouver Island, specializing in Integrative Body Psychotherapy (IBP). As a registered Social Worker in BC, Jodie has over 20 years experience in the non-profit sector, working in crisis and suicide intervention, family support, and mental health. Jodie has also taught at Vancouver Island University, and facilitates professional development workshops throughout BC, specializing in boundary practice, self-care, and wellness education for helping professionals and caregivers.
Cost: CCRR Member $15.00, Non-Member $20.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.