Date Mar 22, 2022 | Time 6:30pm - 8:30pm
This virtual workshop focuses on providing early literacy resources, tools and strategies that support healthy child development. Content includes: - Explore what neuroscience says about early childhood brain development and resiliency - Gather strategies designed to enhance healthy brain development with early years activities - Share electronic resources such as children’s book lists, hands-on literacy activities and other ideas that can be integrated into programming to support healthy brain development.
Presenter: Nancy Tovell has a wide range of experience in facilitating workshops with a focus on sharing literacy strategies, tools and resources to support those working with families and young children. She is a Program Coordinator at Bookmates, a Manitoba based not-for-profit with a mission to develop and deliver early years programs and training to build and support the foundations of literacy and learning.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.