Coloring Outside the Lines
Date Oct 5, 2021 | Time 6:30pm - 8:30pm
This literacy framed workshop will explore the concept that creativity is a bridge to learning and an important part of a young child’s development. It is designed to share practical skills, tips, and resources for how early learning educators can engage children with open-ended process art activities to extend literacy concepts. Content includes:
Discussing the differences between arts and crafts
Exploring how art supports healthy child development
Sharing how literacy and language skills are developed through art
Presenter: Nancy Trovell has a wide range of experience in facilitating workshops with a focus on sharing strategies, tool and resources to support those working with families and young children. She is the Program Coordinator at Bookmates, a Manitoba based not-for-profit with a mission to develop and deliver early years programs and training to build and support the foundations of literacy and learning.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.