Creating Meaningful Experiences for Infants and Toddlers
Date Oct 2, 2021 | Time 9:30am - 11:30am
Providing unique, sensory-based learning experiences for infants enhances their overall development. When exposed to experiences that engage all their senses, infants develop cognitively, creatively, emotionally and socially. In addition, when responsive caregivers interact with infants and scaffold this learning, we strengthen the caregiver-infant relationship. This workshop will provide insight into infants’ unique sensory learning needs. Caregivers will learn why sensory exploration is so vital to infant development and they will learn fun, creative ways to provide rich experiences for infants.
Presenter: Andrea Dawson has worked with young children and their families for the past 20 years and has supervised in both non-profit and inclusive early childhood programs. Andrea worked as part of Vancouver Coastal Health’s Early Childhood Mental Health team, focusing on supporting children with emotional and behavioural challenges and their families. Andrea currently teaches in the Early Childhood Education department at Langara College.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.