Dramatic Play: More than just the Housekeeping Corner
Date Oct 15, 2022 | Time 10:00am - 12:00pm
This workshop looks at discussing the importance of dramatic play and ways to encourage and expand on it within the classroom. Workshop covers ideas around materials and set-up for dramatic play areas both indoors and outdoors as well as conversations around children's engagement in rough & tumble dramatic play (such as superhero play), and how we as educators can create an environment rich with socioemotional development.
Presenter: Ashleigh Davies is a post-basic ECE instructor with Sprott Shaw college and has worked with children in a variety of roles over the last ten years.
Location: Archway Community Services
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
Archway Community Services2420 Montrose Ave.
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9