Emotional Intelligence: The Role of Emotion Coaching - ONLINE
Date Oct 3, 2023 | Time 6:30pm - 8:30pm
The ability to recognize and understand your own emotions is a critical part of emotional development. For many children this can be quite the learning process, and it often takes a lot of teaching, practice, and patience from the adult. In this presentation we will discuss the importance of emotional intelligence and how we can develop those skills through emotion coaching, as well as the practical tools and strategies to support those big emotions.
Presenter: Lisa Kaldenbach works as a registered Psychologist in Alberta, and clinical counsellor in British Columbia. She has spent the last ten years working in a variety of child based settings. She is passionate about supporting families, educators and caregivers who are experiencing a variety of challenges through a family-centered, attachment-focused and play-based lens.
Cost: CCRR Member $15.00, Non-Member $20.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.