Enhancing Communication with Preschool Children
Date Oct 25, 2022 | Time 7:00pm - 9:00pm
This workshop is an extension of the presenter’s previous session on Normal and Atypical Speech, Language and Communication in the Preschool Years on May 3, 2022 (participants may attend if missed the first workshop). Participants will gain more in-depth information on specific communication challenges, and strategies that they can use within their own educational settings. Specific emphasis will be placed on the following:
- disorders of the voice
- augmentative and alternative communication
- feeding and swallowing
- bilingual and multilingual language development
- specific strategies to facilitate communication
Presenter: Shari Linde has been working as a speech-language pathologist since 1994. She specializes in the communication difficulties of adults and children who have neurological damage, developmental disabilities, psychiatric conditions, or autism. She has extensive experience addressing swallowing impairments. Shari is a Clinical Assistant Professor with the University of British Columbia. She is also on the Registry of Autism Service Providers, with designations as a speech-language pathologist and behaviour consultant. After 27 years as a speech-language pathologist in a multitude of settings, Shari has a true appreciation of the value of SLPs. Shari is passionate about sharing her knowledge and advocating for the profession and the clients she provides service to. Shari provides speech-language pathology services in both English and French.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.