Fears and Worries
Date Mar 5, 2022 | Time 8:30am - 11:30am
All children feel anxious at times. Preschoolers are often frightened of strangers, imagery creatures or the dark. Many school-age children worry about school performance, or illness. An important part of a child’s growth involves learning how to cope with common fears of childhood. Caregivers, including ECE teachers can play a crucial role in helping children develop skills for managing feelings and coping with fear and anxiety. For children to learn to manage these feelings effectively, they need adult support and guidance. Strong relationships with children build resilience and coping strategies.
Presenter: Malgosia Tomanik, M. Ed., is a Family Consultant who specializes in supporting children from preschool to high school age and their caregivers in a variety of environments, including homes, school, and childcare settings. Malgosia is experienced in addressing concerns associated with the daily challenges of caring for a child/youth who requires support. Malgosia also works as an FASD Key Worker with the Fraser Valley Child Development Centre in Abbotsford.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.