Helping Young Children with Anxiety & Emotional Regulation: Building your Toolkit
Date Feb 15, 2022 | Time 7:00pm - 9:00pm
This virtual workshop will help people working with children in the early years understand anxiety, and learn to differentiate between developmentally appropriate and problematic anxiety. Attendees will learn practical, evidence-based skills to help young children develop emotional regulation skills and manage anxiety children in individual and group settings.
Presenter: Christine Yu has worked extensively in the field of anxiety for over 10 years, both as a researcher and a clinician. She is a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Doctoral Fellowship recipient and was awarded a Canadian Psychological Association Student Research Grant. She is also working as a Registered Clinical Counsellor in private practice, providing evidence-based treatment for children, adolescents and families, and serves as the doctoral student member on Anxiety Canada's Scientific Advisory Committee.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.