Kids Yoga and Mindfulness for Care Providers. Part 1 & 2
This is a multi-day workshop. Please ensure you are available for all the dates listed below:
Date Sep 25, 2021 | Time 9:30am - 11:30am
Date Oct 16, 2021 | Time 9:30am - 11:30am
Come join us in this exciting two part workshop series offering hands-on activities to easily integrate yoga and mindfulness into your daycare setting, along with specialized programming and instructor support to learn tools, practice implementation, then receive support and feedback.
In Part One you will learn an Introduction to Kids Yoga & Mindfulness, Practices for Self Care for Care Providers and tools for breathing, warm up’s and yoga poses. Care Providers will be given easy-to-implement practices to practice with children of all ages. In Part Two you will receive support and guidance based on the tools you have implemented, then learn a variety of Mindfulness Games, Peace Corner ideas, kids yoga and mindfulness resources and tips for leading guided relaxation time.
Children’s yoga helps to develop essential tools such as self-regulation, a stronger mind-body connection, and introduces skills that help children to find a sense of inner-calm. These yoga tools are gifts that can transform the lives of the children that receive them. Each participant receives the Harmony Kids Yoga Guide for Care Providers with exercises and applications for daycare use.
Presenter: Jennie Abbot is the founder and director of Harmony Kids Yoga, bringing yoga and mindfulness to over ten thousand children to date, between the ages of 1 to 18 years throughout the lower mainland. Jennie is a Registered Yoga Teacher (CYA-RYT200), Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher (CYA-CYT ), and is trained in Color Me Yoga for Children, Rainbow Kids Yoga for Children, Trauma Informed Yoga for Children and Youth and offers 95 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher Training through the International Yoga Alliance.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.