Pedagogy as a Relational Practice: The Entanglements of Materials, Rhythms and Routines in Early Childhood- Session 2
Date May 23, 2023 | Time 6:30pm - 8:00pm
In this second of two professional development opportunities, three ECPN Lower Mainland community pedagogists will discuss pedagogy as a relational practice. The first session on April 18 considered how pedagogical commitments matter in building pedagogical relationships, as well as their relation to the daily rhythms and flows of early childhood spaces.
This second session on May 23 will build on the conversations from the first session sharing concrete examples of pedagogist work with educators and children to highlight how purposeful engagement with materials helps us to live our pedagogical commitments in centres. While it’s encouraged to attend both sessions, participants will receive 1.5 hours of ProD hours for each session they attend. The event is in person, and refreshments will be provided.
Location: Archway Community Services ( Jasbir Saran Room )
Cost: CCRR Member Free, Non-Member Free
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.
Archway Community Services ( Jasbir Saran Room )2420 Montrose Ave.
Abbotsford, BC V2S 3S9