Proactive Strategies to Minimize Challenging Behaviour - Online
Date Sep 19, 2023 | Time 6:30pm - 8:30pm
This session is for pre-school and school-aged staff.
In this session we will discuss:
What makes behavior challenging?
The 3 proactive building blocks: Rapport, Boundaries and Guidelines and Flexibility How to integrate the building blocks into practice
Case scenarios - as presented by participants
How to acknowledge and talk about behaviors we find challenging
Presenter: Katy Bigsby is the founder of REiL Learning, an educational consultancy that supports organizations integrate social emotional learning and build creative ways to engage all learners, particularly those with notable social, emotional and behavioral needs. Katy holds a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership, specializing in Adult Education and brings a wealth of experience as a teacher, counsellor and adult educator.
To learn more please visit www.REiLlearning.com
Cost: CCRR Member $15.00, Non-Member $20.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.