Supporting Children with Anxiety: Building Your Toolkit - Online
Date Apr 10, 2021 | Time 10:30am - 12:30pm
Interested in learning how to help children with anxiety? This presentation will provide an overview of anxiety and how it presents across childhood. Attendees will learn the basics of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and will be offered evidence-based, practical strategies to help children manage anxiety.
Presenter: Christine M. Yu has worked extensively in the field of anxiety as a researcher and a practitioner. She has been working as a Registered Clinical Counsellor in private practice for several years, providing evidence-based treatment for children, teens and families. In addition to therapeutic work, she is a PhD Candidate at UBC and a SSHRC Doctoral Fellowship recipient. Christine also serves as a doctoral student member on Anxiety Canada's Scientific Advisory Committee.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop location -Workshops will be held Online via Zoom. You do not need to make an account for Zoom as we will send you a link to the workshop. You will need a computer or smart phone with access to internet, video and audio.
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.