Teacher Tom Presents: Speaking with Children so they can Think
Date Oct 19, 2021 | Time 6:30pm - 8:30pm
The language we use creates reality. We all know people who seem to be able to work "magic" with young children, motivating, inspiring, & building relationships with them without raising their voices, bossing them around, scolding, or threatening. Actually, there is nothing magical about it. Teacher Tom shares how the specific words we use shape reality for our students for both good and bad. Participants will learn about the importance of being clear & precise; honoring children without commanding or bossing them; using words to create a world of facts and intrinsic momotivation; creating space in which children must do their own thinking.
Presenter: Tom "Teacher Tom" Hobson is an early childhood educator, international speaker, education consultant, teacher of teachers, parent educator, & author. He is known for Teacher Tom's Blog and two bestselling books. He shares his pedagogy via online e-courses for early childhood educators & parents; produces international ECE conferences (Teacher Tom’s Play Summit); consults about his "Family Schools" program; and inspires early years audiences around the world. both virtually and in person.
Cost: CCRR Member $10.00, Non-Member $15.00
- Training certificates will be issued via email within 5 business days of the workshop attended. To receive a certificate, you must arrive on time, participate, stay for the entire session and have video on. If you have not received your certificate after 5 business days, please call us. If you require a copy of your certificate after 30 days of the workshop you will incur a 10-dollar charge.
- Late arrivals of more than 15 minutes will not be admitted to workshops.
- Children - Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate children during a workshop. Please make alternate arrangements.
- Registration - Prepayment is required for all workshops. Credit card payment can be taken over the phone.
- Methods of payment - Visa or MasterCard or Debit
- Workshop cancellations (regular workshops) - Registrants can cancel up until two full business days prior to the scheduled workshop date. Cancellations received before the deadline will be given a workshop credit (not a refund) to be used towards future workshops at Abbotsford CCRR. Workshop credits are valid for one year from the date of the cancelled workshop. Due to unforeseen circumstances, workshops may be subject to change or cancellation, in this case we would issue a refund.
- Course cancellations (First Aid and Responsible Adult) - Registrants must cancel one week (5 business days) prior to the course/class start date in order to receive a refund. The original receipt must be provided at the time of refund.